Preview: Women's 10m platform synchro diving
· Eight out of nine world titles in women's 10m platform synchro have been claimed by China. Only the inaugural edition of this event, in Perth in 1998, was won by Ukraine's Svitlana Serbina (UKR) and Olena Zhupina (UKR).
· Attending the World Championships this time, it is only Chinese women who have claimed more world titles in the 3m springboard event at the World Championships (11). They also won the 3m springboard synchro event eight out of nine times.
· Chen Ruolin (CHN) won this event at each of the last five FINA World Championships (with four different partners), but will not win any more titles as she retired last year.
· No other divers could even get close to Chen's five world titles in women's 10m platform synchro.
· The last time Chen did not win the world title in this event was in Montreal in 2005, when Jia Tong (CHN) and Yuan Pei Lin (CHN) won this event.
· Canadian duo Meaghan Benfeito (CAN) and Roseline Filion (CAN) claimed second in this event at each of the last two World Championships and finished third in 2005. They are the divers who have claimed most medals in this event without winning a gold one (S2-B1).
· As Filion retired earlier this year Benfeito may become the second diver with at least four medals in this event, after Chen (G5).
· Other divers who have claimed multiple silver medals in this event include Loudy Wiggins (AUS, 2) and Melissa Wu (AUS, 2), who did so independently from each other.
· Australian divers have collected four medals in women's 10m platform synchro (S4), second-most of all countries behind China (9).
· Only one European duo claimed a medal in this event at the last four editions of the World Championships: Christin Steuer (GER) and Nora Subschinski (GER) for Germany in 2011.