· At the last FINA World Championships in Kazan in 2015 China won 10 of the possible 13 gold medals in diving, equalling their own record for most gold medals in diving at a single world championships, previously set in 2011.
· China did set a new record for most total medals in diving at one FINA World Championships in 2015 (15, G10-S3-B2), surpassing their own tally of 14 from 2007, 2009 and 2011.
· In total China has won a record 75 gold medals in diving at the FINA World Championships. United States are next with 13.
· China's total medal count of 143 (G75-S45-B23) are 102 more than the next most decorated countries (United States and Russia both 41).
· China won 29 of the 33 diving gold medals available at the last three FINA World Championships.
· Both Shi Tingmao (CHN) and Qiu Bo (CHN) have won at least one gold medal at each of the last three FINA World Championships. The only divers who have won a gold medal at four consecutive world championships are Chen Ruolin (CHN, 5 in a row), Qin Kai (CHN, 5), Wu Minxia (CHN, 5), Guo Jingjing (CHN, 5) and Dmitriy Sautin (RUS, 4).
· Qiu Bo can become the first diver to win the men's 10m platform event four times in a row. Qiu and Greg Louganis (USA, 1978-1982-1986) are the only divers who won it three times in a row.
· Shi Tingmao and He Zi (CHN) have each won four gold medals in women's diving events at the FINA World Championships. Only Guo Jingjing (10), Wu Minxia (8) and Chen Ruolin (6) have won more.
· The only non-Chinese gold medal winners in diving events at the world championships in 2015 were Kim Kuk Hyang (PRK, women's 10m platform), Tania Cagnotto (ITA, women's 1m springboard) and Thomas Daley (GBR)/Rebecca Gallantree (GBR) in the mixed team event.
· For DPR Korea it was its first world title in diving, while Great Britain and Italy claimed their second and third world title respectively.
· United States have won the second-most world titles in diving events (13), but they have won only one gold medal in the last 25 years as Laura Wilkinson (USA) won the women's 10m platform in Montreal in 2005.
· Host Hungary has never claimed a medal in diving at the FINA World Championships. In 2015 the best result for Hungarian divers was a 13th place for Villõ Kormos (HUN) and Zsófia Reisinger (HUN) in the women's 10m platform synchro.
· The last host that failed to claim a diving medal was Spain in Barcelona in 2013.