The minute details make the 17th FINA World Championships special. Dedicated stamps and coins have been issued in honour of the event and let’s not forget the attention paid to the details of the highly spectacular and monumental opening ceremony. A new World-Champs related service has been introduced involving one of our favourite activities: eating. Are you into trying the World Champs menu?
Contemporary Hungarian cuisine to debut in top restaurants during the World Championships period. Former owner of LouLou restaurant, Károly Rudits agreed to organise a representative culinary programme. Participating chefs will prepare traditional meals at affordable prices with typical ingredients in their own interpretation.
The menu has been created by Gábor Mogyorósi, chef of Lacikonyha, earlier contestant, now jury member of the Hungarian National Gastronomy Association. All dishes have been created through extensive experimenting, some of them appeared at MGE Tradition and Evolution while others featured the Czifray cooking contest.
Six restaurants in Budapest will offer 3-course menus of the following dishes during the World Champs. The different restaurants are allowed to adjust recipes to their image. Each dish costs 2017 HUF.
The menu features the following dishes:
- cold sour cherry soup from Pánd with a hint of Pannonhalmi Bencés sour cherry liqeur
- smoked "aubergine caviar", roasted tomatoes
- breaded fried chicken breast made of gold ribbon awarded poultry, cabbage, butter sauce with cumin, pumpkin seed oil from Őrség
- pork and lamb cuts, buttered vegetables, paprika sauce
- evolutionary sponge cake Somló style, punch fruit ice cream
See the detailed descriptions and recipes of dishes here.
The following restaurants offer the World Champs menu:
-Up & Down
Beszálló Food Bar