· Kim Kuk Hyang (PRK) won the world title in women's 10m platform in 2015 and could become the second diver to win consecutive gold medals in this event, after Fu Minxia (CHN) in 1991-1994.
· Fu is also the only diver to have won two world titles in this event. Si Yajie (CHN) could also achieve this as she won the title in 2013.
· China (7) and United States (3) are the only countries to have won multiple world titles in women's 10m platform.
· Chinese divers have claimed 22 medals in this event at the World Championships (G7-S10-B5), at least 16 more than any other country (United States next, 6).
· The last medal for United States in this event came in 2005, when Laura Wilkinson (USA) won the world title.
· The last three world titles have been won by divers younger than 19 years, since the gold by Paolo Espinosa (MEX) aged 22 at the 2009 FINA World Championships.
· Ren Qian (CHN) is the reigning Olympic champion from Rio de Janeiro - this century, only one reigning Olympic champion won the world title, Chen Ruolin (CHN) in 2011.
· Ren finished second in this event in 2015.
· Pandelela Rinong (MAS) finished in third place in this event in 2015, claiming the first individual medal for any diver representing Malaysia at the FINA World Championships. She has collected two bronze medals in women's 10m platform synchro.
· Only one European diver claimed a medal in this event at the last four World Championships: Yulia Prokopchuck (UKR) collected bronze in 2013.